How to import privatekey from webwallet to windows wallet and viceversa

Heres a short tutorial on How to import privatekey from webwallet to windows wallet and vice versa

How to Import privatekey from webwallet to windows

Go to https://wallet.smartcash.cc/ and click Sign Up if you dont have webwallet account yet if you already have it you can skip this step.
Fill all the required information marked as "*"
Example :

Username : your desired username

Password : your desired password

Confirm password : type your password again

Security ID : copy and paste security ID given in registration page and make sure to keep it somewhere safe.

Write a notes about your username, password and security ID just incase you forgot it.

Go to login page and fill your username and password.

Now you’re in the account page, look at top right of the page and click gear icon like above image, for security purpose you’ll have to enter your username and password again and you’ll go to account settings page.
Go to tab export enter your security ID.
Then you’ll see your address and private key, the page automatically save your address and private key as txt file named “privateKeys_yourusername.txt” and Keep it somewhere safe. (You can close the page if the page automatically save your private key as txt file, and if not, DONT CLOSE IT) and Copy your privatekey.

Now open your Windows Wallet, go to console by clicking help button and debug window, and click console tab

Type

“walletpassphrase yourpassphrase 120”

to Unlock your wallet first before importing your webwallet to your windows wallet ( i assume everyone encrypted their wallet and if not ).

Then type

“importprivkey yourwebwalletprivkey”

If it succeed you’ll see blank output.
Now close console tab and click receive and you’ll see your webwallet address is successfully imported to your windows wallet.
If somehow you didn’t see it, wait for a while and click overview and click receive again.

Congratulations you have imported your webwallet to windows wallet.

Now How to import your windows wallet to webwallet

Open your windows wallet.
Go to receive tab and copy the address that you want to import to webwallet
Click help, debug window, and choose console.

Unlock your wallet first by typing “walletpassphrase yourpassphrase 120” (120 is how long your wallet unlocked)

Then type “dumpprivkey yourwalletaddress” and you’ll see your private key as the output. Copy the private key.

Go to https://wallet.smartcash.cc and Login to your webwallet account.

Now you’re in the account page, look at top right of the page and click gear icon like above image, for security purpose you’ll have to enter your username and password again and you’ll go to account settings page.

Paste your windows wallet privatekey in the “Private Key” field, fill your Security ID in “Security ID” field, type your webwallet password in “Password” field, type “your desired label” in “Label” field and click import.
And you’ll see a message that your private key was imported successfully.
Now click overview button and you’ll go to login page again, fill your username and password and click Login button.
Then you’ll see that you have successfully imported your windows wallet to webwallet.

Congratulations you have imported your windows wallet to webwallet.

If you prefer to show your appreciation with SMART please send to this address : Shr9JFubjahK4KJMobfN8dhhUufCfWQz7Z

Where can I find the private key in a web wallet?
Comment importer la clef privée de votre portefeuille de bureau (ou portefeuille local) à votre portefeuille web et vice et versa
French translation of the website

Nice step by step guide. People will find it very useful. :+1:

Nice guide indeed! :+1: !

You might want to clear the console screen after relocking your wallet, so nobody can look at your info. Just press Ctrl-L or Cmd-L on mac.

Nice guide,with your permission i can translate to portuguese and post on the brazilian page of facebook. Thank You.

Good initiative @GamBit.coin! Could I translate your guide in French @SirBond?

yes guys, you can translate it to any language, please just link the source :slight_smile:

Hi there, i’d like to ask, as i understood i can recover my wallet just using privatekey. I’d like to ask: when i’m recovering wallet with privkey i don’t need passphrase of the wallet it had earlier? And after recovering wallet will not be locked and i can make new passphrase. is it right?

No your passphrase is not in private key, its in wallet.dat

Ye, i got it. So to recover i’m just writing “importprivkey privatekey of my old wallet” in new synced walled and that’s all?

Yes the pattern is importprivkey yourprivkey label (if needed)

Unable to export Private Key in Web Wallet