Jump start Smartcash adoption in Venezuela by acquiring 100k users in 3 month

hi all

I understand smart cash has lot of focus on Venezuela, however doing a one-off proposal here are there is of not much value.

if we target good amount of impact and real adoption we need to sign 100k people to begin with.

please check the proposal that is being done by dash which claims to have signed up 150k users already.
https://getfreedash.com which is giving 0.5 for those who sign up and 0.5 usd for referring others , if we target this method we can target 100k downloads for the app, which would give us instant reputation increase for the whole coin.

How exactly does this work ?

we are using really interesting marketing ideas which have never been explored in the western world . we are planning to use your humble Phone number as unique identity validation and planning to give $0.5 dollar for every user who signs up using their phone number and 0.5 for referring your friends.

by Using this idea we can acquire users at a fraction of the cost of acquiring users using other proposals.

Dash has generated an incredible amount of buzz by doing this … over 200 youtube videos are promoting dash now and encouraging users to sign up
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=getfreedash.com

we should try and create more buzz than them as soon as possible ,

given the fact that smart cash has lower users base , we can create lot more buzz and increase the valuation of Smart quickly.

Proposal budget and milestones

Budget Estimation:

This will be an initial 3- month project with a possibility for extension

Owing to feedback from @solarminer I am changing the project in two phases with phase 1 building the website and phase 2 will be the actual running of the project

Phase 1: Building and testing of the website

Build a referral system using SMS OTP verification
Build an admin dashboard to see stats like daily sign-ups and download user details
Build a transaction table once users request for withdrawal
Give Access to admin dashboard for the transaction table which lets the admin download say latest 100-500 withdrawal requests and pay them using smart wallet ( sendmany )
Thorough testing of all the various features rolled out previously by an expert tester.
Ability to Limit Sign-ups per day ( so as to support proper budgeting of funds )
Minor changes will be accommodated.
Time to finish this 15 days
Cost $8000

Phase 2: will involve managing the site, fighting fraud and paying users

Target sign up: 100,000 -150,000 users
Details to be published later

Fraud prevention strategy:

In Venezuela and many other developing countries SIM cards are not free and cost at least 1 USD or more which means no one would buy a sim card just to claim our free smart, Apart from this there is also mandatory identity requirements which means there is a hard limit on number of sim cards each person can get, by using a proper phone number verification we can rest assured eliminate fraud and we will constantly keep improving our fraud detection strategies as well.

Funds Distribution

I am perfectly happy with someone from the hive teams to handle all the transactions themselves, in fact that would ease our effort as we can simply focus on the website and fraud detection, whereas the hive team focuses on payments, alternatively, we will show all the payments on blockchain, so there will be complete transparency.

Blockchain analysis to detect merchant activity

Given the fact Smartcash web wallet is most prevelant one … We can do Blockchain analysis in the future based on wallet addresses we get ( from the giveaway ), This can be combined with identifying certain accounts as merchants which would give us far deeper insights into usage patterns.

Since the fees are practically zero with smart people won’t be tempted to use centralized exchanges for now .But we need to make sure our wallets are really good and fees as cheap they are now however

About ourselves

I am personally a marketer and crypto enthusiast and have a small team of software developers who have lots of experience building and managing various websites and apps.

I would publicly like to showcase my smart holdings instill confidence to the community

my address
Sfd4Jng6gdc4GQebAhrw31FcvjdskNU6eN
signature
HwlO5AIWy8i886HCs9rkt4x2qmbZDyqcgGZxmKAxr7vZQMRNnSOe687sT56QGZ9I+kdFru2d/Ay5oXY2s4F6cIQ=

Plan of action:

I would be rolling out an initial mock-up of the site and showcase it to the community

Looking for your valuable feedback and comments.

That is a good idea, I have several questions here.

1. Who control the funds?
  2. A web site has to be created for filling the forms, who controls that website?
    This proposal could have high approval if the funds are manged by high trust members, otherwise this seems imposible.
  3. Do you have calculations of how many smarts would be needed?
  4. Does it has a timeline or how many days this program would work?
  5. How much are you thinking on charging for managing this service?
  6. How do you think we prevent the people abusing the system?
  7. What is the right amount for giving away to every person?
  8. What do you suggest on making this proposal more inovative than DASH, something that is more interesting and not just copying but improving the idea.

If this idea works, it would be good to make it worldwide.

Thanks for the support, I think kick-starting a local smart economy is extremely important which can support all other activities.

now coming to your questions

1. i understand I am newbie to the community however I own a good amount of smart ( 100K + ) I am ready to prove it anonymously , however I am perfectly fine with someone from the hive teams to handle all the transactions themselves, in fact that would ease our effort as we can simply focus on the website and fraud detection, whereas the hive team focuses on payments, alternatively, we will show all the payments on blockchain, so there will be complete transparency.

2. i have ton of experience in marketing and running teams to support that , I can build a website from scratch and get it all running, now we will be controlling the website , and it needs lot of work at least initially, after few months we can think of handover if there is an interested party.

3. I have updated the initial budget in the main proposal please check that

4. ditto update the main proposal

5. ditto updated in the main proposal

6. ditto

7. dash is doing a 0.5 USD for sign up and 0.5 for referral and it worked brilliantly for them, we can start with the same amount and if it doesn’t work ( because we are less recognized in the market ) we can increase it slightly to say 1 USD for sign up and 1 used for referral but we will only do it after testing it out thoroughly.

8. once our initial proposal passes, we can add additional marketing features and tie-up with various other proposals on ground, will update more on this later

Building a website is $10,000 USD per month, how many months?
It is better to give the total amount for this item.

So I guess that first is the website building (x number of days) then two months for the give away

Can you explain what do you mean by fraud detection, what is included in the scope and where did you get the $4,000 USD from?

I do not see subtotals and a total amount asked (not counting the give away amount)

Question 5 still not answered

The idea is good but you should of thought all the questions before hand and include them in the pre-proposal.

Usually when a pre-proposal is made we introduce ourselves and talk about the activities we have been doing within the community, I do not see that.

It is easy for the Community to vote a proposal once we have seen work and interaction.

Not letting you down, but helping you to improve.

that much for a website, a fraud detection that is nothing more than a cost?

all that for a giveaway?

not too sure if i see a value in it

hi thanks for all the support and comments gain

i think the website building will have phases

first month , building website

second month - scaling and sorting out issues regarding them

third month - support for marketing and other issues

we can stop the development here unless we see lot of requests from other proposals to help them

fraud detection means analysing data and continous monotiring of data so as to make sure that people are not taking advantage of systems and reporting of the same to wider community

sorry i missed the 5th question , i havent thought about how much charge , i will make a decision on this later after the first month of running the site , having said that you can suggest me what proposal owners typcially charge ( is it like a monthly figure or a % of the total spend ? )

@spin , please check how much dash guys are spending on the same , its about $15,000 per month, building websites , maintaining them and most importantly trouble shooting them takes lot of effort and dedicated resource. once you find a good resource keeping them is costly.

Also everyone , please remember this , once we sign up 100k users we will make sure we market them with various services that are related to smart cash , thats where the real ROI is , we will co-ordinate with various merchants on the ground and so -on

One thing i would like to point out is , this proposal ( if delivered right ) would be one of the cheapest ways to onboard new users, that’s where is the real value add is folks

so there is a additional charge to “run” the 10k a month site you are already running?

like i said i dont have a plan in mind , i am happy with my job and crypto holdings , so i would probably be not looking for any thing else for this proposal …

i hope my smart holdings shoot up soon , once this proposal rolls out :slight_smile:

just to be clear we need two developers and one tester that costs that money

@smartestcasher
The idea is good
Your pre-proposal is not

When you submit a Pre-Proposal is because you have all the plan on mind, when you say “I do not have a plan in mind” that is not good at all.

Usually when the pre-proposal is well thought there are no questions or comments, the more questions the less credibility gets.

So summarizing your writings, you have

1. No clear time schedule
  2. No previous activitiy in the community
  3. Do not have the total amount to be spent on the website
  4. Don´t have a breakdown for the $8,000 USD on fraud detection
  5. Still not showing a total amount for the services
  6. You said you have a lot of experience on site building, then why are you hiring two developers and a tester?

Undortuantley the lack of planning here is evident, when numbers are not clear, vision is not clear.

sorry about the lack of clarity , i have updated the main proposal , please check it again

1 upated
2 i am a newbie but I will prove my interest by building a mock site with my funds ( i also hold bunch of smart now )
3 The total amount is $14,000 * 3 months = $52,000
4. fraud detection is an ongoing activity that needs a dedicated resource to look into things on a regular basis
5. Upated , total amount $152,000

6 i am a marketer and crypto enthusiast who has a team of developers. we need two developers and a tester to build a robust system that can scale, once you cross say 1000 users per day things start breaking down otherwise.

hope this helps , thanks again for taking time to review our proposal , let me know if you got more questions :slight_smile:

Could you give more details on how you plan to sign up over 1000 people daily? Is this online or through series of events.

we follow the referral model like dash guys, giving $0.5 when you sign up and giving $0.5 when your referrals sign up, which has worked brilliantly for them so much so that they have started limiting the no of sign-ups per day etc.

i believe this model would work for us too, so we are not planning to do marketing as if now.

hey all

i have spoken with the development team to decide the cost on a project basis, they have come back with a price of $8000 after a lot of negotiating. The following features will be rolled out in the initial phase.

Phase 1: Building and testing of the website

Build a referral system using SMS OTP verification
Build an admin dashboard to see stats like daily sign-ups and download user details
Build a transaction table once users request for withdrawal
Give Access to admin dashboard for the transaction table which lets the admin download say latest 100-500 withdrawal requests and pay them using smart wallet ( sendmany )
Thorough testing of all the various features rolled out previously by an expert tester.
Ability to Limit Sign-ups per day ( so as to support proper budgeting of funds )
Minor changes will be accommodated.
Time to finish this 15 days
Cost $8000

let me know what you think of this

A very nice idea indeed, to give some SmartCash by using SMS OTP.

hi Everyone ,

I would like to add one more point given the fact Smartcash web wallet is most prevalent one … We can do Blockchain analysis in future based on transaction data we get. … This can be combined with identifying certain accounts as merchants which would give us far deeper insights into usage patterns
Since the fees are practically zero with smart people won’t be tempted to use centralised exchanges for now … But we need to make sure our wallets are really good and fees are really cheap like it is now

Is there already a pre-proposal that organizes all the smartcash groups in Latin America?

Getfreedash reported that SMS OTP is not good in Venezuela.

I am extremely shocked to report that we have uncovered a major fraud activity with Getfreedash. This fraud has resulted from a misuse of our OTP verification system. we send a missed call to users and ask them to enter the last 4 digits of the phone number to verify their phone numbers (OTP through SMS was not used as SMS delivery rate was very bad for Venezuela )
However, some fraudsters repeatedly entered various 4 digits combinations to try their luck and have registered 1000s of fake numbers with us to claim the free dash.
This behavior was uncovered after we found a lot of use and throw emails from bad domains, we have now closed this loophole by only give one try for a missed call.

How do you plan to solve this?

hi Demo

we are obviously watching the dash proposal very closely and will be implementing the best practices from them.

We will try both the Missed call option and the SMS OTP option without giving too many attempts for users which is what caused this fraud behaviour, we are very confident that that should cut out the fraud.

having said that we are planning to have a dedicated fraud analyst to fight fraud constantly which the dash team lacked ( for whatever reason ) and are confident of sign up genuine users only.

cheers

This quote is too generic, and it is not convincive. What exactly this dedicated fraud analyst will do? What tools will he/she use?

The fraud analyst will look at the data constantly to look anamolies like too many sign ups from a ip address , junk email address and will come with new metrics to look out for. smart cash doesnt have a centralised wallet like uphold etc so far , so we will be doing blockchain analysis as well to see if the coins are ending up in one place etc
many ohter things can be done with the data that we collect