Smart masternodes questions

Hello,

Does the smartcash wallet absolutely eat 100% of anyone else’s bandwidth? I can’t even send emails or make forum messages while I have it open.

I have been using (Jazz) yoyomonkey’s guide to start with to try to get my first node up (though I have enough for a second node).

My first question is how do I get the SMART off the windows laptop to the virtual machine that’s actually acting as the node… as obviously the laptop is not going to be up all the time. Yet the guide simply says the 10,000 is necessary to start the node… but when I close the wallet on my laptop (even though the ubuntu virtual machine is till up) the node closes down. I feel like there are some steps missing here!

My last set of questions are what steps would be different to set a second node up without interfering with the first?

Does the smartcash wallet absolutely eat 100% of anyone else’s bandwidth? I can’t even send emails or make forum messages while I have it open. ==> NO it not

My first question is how do I get the SMART off the windows laptop to the virtual machine that’s actually acting as the node… as obviously the laptop is not going to be up all the time. ==> yoyomonkey’s guide mention you need both Local wallet and VPS. Don’t understand your question about moving SMART

Yet the guide simply says the 10,000 is necessary to start the node… but when I close the wallet on my laptop (even though the ubuntu virtual machine is till up) the node closes down. I feel like there are some steps missing here!
==> Some time with network issue, or debug.log file size you need to start node again from Local wallet (

This step is to prevent the debug.log from getting too large.

Connect to your VPS with root credentials and create a directory for the cronjob script (if it not already exists):mkdir smartnodecd ~/smartnode/
Download the appropriate script (taken from the SmartNode Bash installer by msg768):wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SmartCash/smartnode/master/clearlog.sh
Give execute permission to the cron script:chmod 0700 ./clearlog.sh
Open crontabs with crontab -e and add the following line to it:0 0 */2 * * ~/smartnode/clearlog.sh
Apply the cronjob by reloading with /etc/init.d/cron reload or service cron reload )

My last set of questions are what steps would be different to set a second node up without interfering with the first?
==> setup 2nd node don’t interfering the first. You can read here to have more information https://smartcash.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/35000044334-smartnode-setup-guide-cold-setup-

Thank you. Can it be ONE virtual machine for both nodes? Or does each node need its own machine?
Can there only be on node per virtual ubuntu virtual machine.

Nodes provide the functionality of the network. The more distributed they are - the better for different users. Although there are tricks for hosting two or more nodes on one server, it creates a single point of failure and that is not good for the network in general. So think of one node = one server. There are many VPS providers out there.