Smartcash for women

Solarminer, based on ypur feedbacks, it seems that you have not thoroughly read the proposal. Most of your questions are already in the proposal. Maybe the formatting of the proposal is a bit off here and may be a influencing factor. You can find a word doc copy of the proposal in the Smarthive Proposal channel, thanks.

I will still answer all of your questions later. For can only just follow through. Appologies, i’m quite occupied atm with daily activities.

Based on @Solarminer’s comment, a reasonable conclusion can be drawn which is a reason why we in the community should not just shun this project targeted at women… @Solarminer wrote, “when you claim that women are a good market for crypto, you need to back that up with facts. So far 95% of crypto users are not women, sure more women are getting into crypto, but it isn’t a majority. So you either have some weird dynamic locally, or you didn’t actually do market testing”.

I support the fact that the owner of the pre-proposal might not have done his assignments well, by conducting a proper survey on the subject matter. But in real sense, if 95% of cryptocurrency users are not women then we need projects and programs that will bring them in at large.

Please let’s help him discuss/evaluate his intention to bring out good results for our community, let’s give constructive criticism, not condemning ones. If more women are required to be integrated into the cryptoworld, then let’s do something great together, by looking for ways to help bring them in…

Greetings to all…

@GoldenCrypto i never even gave such a statistics, i really don’t know where that is coming from, not from my proposal. i only responded to a question where i mentioned that more women in Ghana are not aware of crypto currencies hence the proposal to target them and bring them onboard. if you read the proposal very well you would realize that it has never been in my proposal. i have for long been talking about their inclusion. Thanks for your comments. cheers

You still didn’t answer why you think marketing to women is better. All I hear are emotional arguments like there should be more women involved or because it hasn’t been tried. I don’t have anything against targeting specific groups. Just be clear why it is a good idea.

Your comment about liquidity clears things up. You don’t need liquidity. You just want giveaway funds for businesses. And it is clear there is nothing expected in return for those businesses receiving funds, except knowing how to receive more SmartCash.

We will be changing the terms for proposals so that funds are not distributed via proxies like this. Each specific business that receives funds would need to submit a proposal directly. There is just no way to manage a catchall business giveaway like this and ensure funds are actually used effectively.

First of all, when you claim that women are a good market for crypto, you need to back that up with facts. So far 95% of crypto users are not women, sure more women are getting into crypto, but it isn’t a majority. So you either have some weird dynamic locally, or you didn’t actually do market testing. Here a reference to back that up.

No statement that women are a good market for SmartCash. It’s a project which will help empower women and fight gender inequality in countries like Ghana where it is very much alive and kicking… . You can call it creating a market for women but that isn’t the goal or objective of this proposal at all. The objective is stated in the proposal more than once.

Thanks for the reference, …" so far 95% are not women…" which further highlights the need to make more women part of the decentralized economy. This still however is actually not the main objective but an auto benefit to smartcash as the project automatically expands our community to include more women (which is stated in the proposal), wonderful! .

Why do you need 2 million smart for liquidity for Ceti to Smart? Is every transaction really as big as 2 million SMART…especially in Ghana?

The SmartFund will hold 0,5 million SMART and 0,5 million cedis. the milestone/timeline only provides a summary, that 2 million smart is needed for liquidity of which 1 million is needed to fund the first 25 businesses. This is explained in the SmartFund section of the proposal.

And you expect to need even more funds later?

Well yes, absolutetly , it is to the benefit and for the best interest of the SmartCash community, for sustainable growth of the value of the currency and to directly create avenues for SmartCash and much more… (see benefits section). We are part of the decentralized community, we are transparent, we are visionaries and very well competent. We see this as a great step forward as this the enormous potential of the SmartCash currency. And it is!

You don’t even need to do this though, there are exchanges local to you that can convert to Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash. Then that is easy to convert on any online exchange. We even have a SmartCash set of trading pairs on localbitcoincash.org. And https://cryptowolf.eu/ is super easy to convert BTC or BCH to SMART with small amounts.
https://localbitcoins.com/
https://localbitcoincash.org/
https://bch.remitano.com/gh

We need to do this for efficient support of the SMART funded businesses, simplification and for the elimination of any additional fees (why put users through this unecessary steps/ loops and hoops of bch/btc to fiat to smart and vice versa?). Furthermore if we are thinking merchant adoption, it is important for Smart to be very much independent of Bitcoins. Even Bitcoins with all its liquidity to fiat is still very volatile. We do not want to have to explain the use about other digital currencies along with SmartCash. SmartCash is SmartCash, period. Think new users who know nothing about Bitcoins/cryptocurrencies. It will be quite of a hassle for them to first have to learn about purchasing bitcoins, setting up wallet etc and then having to use that to purchase SmartCash. Infact this is not even logical efficient or good for first user experience. I’ve tried these exchanges, while it’s easy for me given my experience most new users will find it quite difficult to have to generate an internal bitcoin etc etc. Infact we don’t even want BTC as part of this.We want to eliminate these unnecessary additional steps completely.

All this funding to local businesses without specifics is questionable

It is not and should not be questionable, far from it! It is explained that the business ideas has to come from the women entrepreneurs otherwise we are dictating what businesses should and we want this to be done in a way it encourages participation and team work so we are soliciting ideas and pushing our business ideas on people. Our vision is for decentralized, where we can share ideas and work together for a common purpose which is for (not the delusional goal of finacial freedom) economic independence and empowerment.

In other to benefit SmartCash, each one of these businesses would actually need to do something with SmartCash, not just instantly exchange it for fiat with a thank you and good bye.

Well obviously not, they arent exchanging directly for foat, this absolutely not how this works and it explained in the Smartfund part of the proposal. I’ll reiterate: the businesses will need funds to obtain resources which can not be purchased with SMART, main reason for providing liquidity. The businesses will be required to promote Smart to their customers and pursuade them to accept the balance due to them in SMART. So yes, they are doing something with Smart which is well towards expanding user base.

Spending a lot of funds teaching …

If it grows SmartCash and we are talking about sustainable growth then how isn’t it? At the early adoption stage is when it is most important. But this is actually not the sole aim of the Boot Camp/training program and all this is explained in pre-proposal.

"Seems like… "

Well no not exactly, and its not about going down into fine details. It’s about making people confident in what they are using so that they can more accurately spread that knowledge to others. Furthermore this is only a very small % of the population. We are not going into the direction of building a generation of sheeps. If the govt decides to ban the use of SmartCash there will be no one to defend it because they themselves have no idea how it works. There are still existing pyscological barriers to cryptocurrency adoption including religious conspiracies and false news which should not be taken for granted. We want people educated for when that time comes. Now I’ve answered this part of your feedback in a general sense and based on my experience of having to try to convience people that cryptocurrencies are actually currencies. You may be suprised how many people think otherwise due to lack of understanding of money general, ignorance and bad press.

You still didn’t answer why you think marketing to women is better. All I hear are emotional arguments like there should be more women involved or because it hasn’t been tried.

It is not about why marketing to women is better, otherwise we would have to compare it to other groups. We are not forcing anything down women’s throat here. If 95% are not women, thats a very good potential market to tap into. We are targetting non users, not already users of crypto-currencies who are mostly likely traders or tech people or people hoping to get rich tomorrow. We want real users for total adoption. There are some immense benefits towards supporting women empowerment and one is gaining recognition from well respected international women empowerment groups and organisations. I am willing to assume the role of contacting them and explaining the role which SmartCash plays in providing and creating entrepreneurship opportunities for women. I thought in our early stages were asking, what more can we do with SmartCash? Well here you go!

I don’t have anything against targeting specific groups. Just be clear why it is a good idea.

Yes i’m quite pleased you don’t and it is quite clear. Your link in ref to marketing just happens to enforce the need to attract more women into cryptocurrencies (as opposed to the views of others) and what better way to do it by showing we understand their challenges by showing support. Why it is a goid idea can further be seen by looking at the benefits stated in the proposal.

And it is clear there is nothing expected in return for those businesses receiving funds, except knowing how to receive more SmartCash.

Please clarify that statement…“except knowing how to receive more SmartCash” .

SmartFunded Businesses which are obligated to provide services and goods in exchange for SmartCash, promote the use of SmartCash to their customers. Should I continue to reiterate as explained on the proposal on how immensly beneficial to the SmartCash currency and community this is?

We will be changing the terms for proposals so that funds are not distributed via proxies like this. Each specific business that receives funds would need to submit a proposal directly. There is just no way to manage a catchall business giveaway like this and ensure funds are actually used effectively.

Do you honestly think we’d spend an entire month+ working tirelessly to improve this proposal and include new ideas just to arbitrarily fund businesses with no longterm vision and benefit to the SmartCash community? I’m well known and respected and keeping my good reputation is important. If you read that proposal, my name is clearly there and the Smart Economy model added into the proposal by me. From the initial proposal, the idea was to do ask for funding directly from organisations. But if you think using smartcash as a medium to facilitate these funding and then integrating into the businesses is a bad idea, then ok, but it isn’t. I’ve thoroughly thought this concept through.

Instead of jumping to change the rules without even keeping an open mind and without even trying to understand the importance of the project to the SmartCash community and the great impact it can have why not discuss with us ways to improve it for effective and careful distribution of the funds. Why not make us part of the hive team, given certain conditions, does it not need expansion? There very well are solutions to every aspect of improving this proposal for more effectiveness and this decision is definitely an impedement to the growth of SmartCash itself.

There is just no way to manage a catchall business giveaway like this and ensure funds are actually used effectively.

This is not a catchall business giveaway and far from one (just your opinion). There are definitely ways to ensure funds are used effectively if you are open to finding viable ways and soliciting progressive discussion from others.

This is exactly NOT what you are asking. You want 100% of the funds as a giveaway for these businesses. Your proposal would only need about 50 words if you didn’t try to spin it into something it is not.

@Solarminer now i can see you really do not want the best for smartcash. The project and it’s intended focus is clearly stated in the proposal, i just realised you are not being sincere to yourself and the community. If you take a careful look at the proposal we have made it explicitly clear that we are going to solve the challenge of “Where do i spend my smart” and “why do i always have to convert my cedi to other currencies or bitcoin before I am able to buy smartcash” thereby removing the barriers in purchasing smartcash in Ghana. This is clearly stated in the proposal. I don’t think you have any serious concerns to raise about this proposal, you are just trying to comment for the sake of commenting. If it’s that you cannot see well on this platform we have categorically referenced you to a word document where you could take your time and read through. Please lets look at the bigger picture and rethink over this project.
Cheers

Hi,

SmartCash is not a charity… You can try to put a spin on the proposal or whatever, but I can see that this is geared to be a charity/funding source/etc.

Why not try here… https://getstarted.with.pink/

They are on a top 5 exchange too!

Or if you want to do give aways, why not use your own money?

Thanks,

These are three different project proposals in one thread. You need to make them three different proposals and not one. That said, two of them are not valid proposals because they directly or indirectly give back to users, which is a prohibited activity.

1. SmartCash does not fund exchanges directly through project proposals. This is a proxy for giving back to users. There is plenty of liquidity already on Crypto-Bridge.org and it’s up to an independent businessperson to go out and buy some SmartCash there. If it’s profitable you can do it and get backing independent from SmartCash. SmartCash Hive does reach out to exchanges and does listing fees for established ones, but creating a new one directly for SmartCash is not part of a project scope that is allowed because it’s again giving back to users and this should be independent from project funding.

2. SmartCash does not provide funds for kickbacks, rebates, treasuries, DAO, etc. these are all forms of giving back to users, and removes the direct oversight of the SmartHive Project Treasury. So this part the “SmartFund” is inelgibile. Creating a new group to have oversight of the fund is not okay. The oversight is at the SmartHive Project Treasury hive and not proxies / 3rd parties.

Including those two above will invalidate the proposal.

The third thing you are talking about, working with a specific group of people to try and get more adoption is fine overall. Some people don’t like using inclusive groups and will argue against that approach. What matters is that you can show it would be effective, how effective it would be, how many people you can reach with this approach, and that the costs are reasonable to do so. Focus on merchant adoption, or merchants accepting SmartCash, is a reasonable goal and the more you emphasize that and how you plan to organize it the better your proposal will be.

Take those first two parts out otherwise this project will not be accepted when it goes through the review process.

Furthermore, even though adoption requires a healthy set of infrastructure does not mean those all need to be in one project proposal or that they are things that will be funded. Some things, like exchanges, need to be independent and access to SmartCash can be through independent project proposals, mining, nodes, tips, or purchasing on an exchange like Crypto-Bridge.

Keeping a clear focus on your project and what you are asking for specifically is important for it to pass voting and the review process.

There is no way to even answer this. Please respond with logic and reasoning or in a way that we cam make progress. You have literally left me confused. If this proposal beyond your level of understanding, kindly let me know. I will be happy to take you through it step by step. Everything can be improved. This is why we exist, to learn and improve. I am more than happy to make improvements and engage in progressive discussions.

For anyone else that can’t read ad hominum (argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument) I will decode for you with Ad hominum in bold. We remove posts and kick users in Discord for these types of attacks because it just stops any type of dialog and frustrates other users.

Rather than addressing my comment with anything new you just tell me to refer back to the proposal 3 times in your response. You also rephrased what I was responding to with the helping businesses by removing barriers again, of course not stating the actual barrier is funding.

SmartCash does not fund exchanges directly through project proposals. This is a proxy for giving back to users. There is plenty of liquidity already on Crypto-Bridge.org and it’s up to an independent businessperson to go out and buy some SmartCash there. If it’s profitable you can do it and get backing independent from SmartCash. SmartCash Hive does reach out to exchanges and does listing fees for established ones, but creating a new one directly for SmartCash is not part of a project scope that is allowed because it’s again giving back to users and this should be independent from project funding.

Thanks for at least a reasonable response which can be discussed. The proxy for giving back to users and why it is not allowed should be explained for my own understanding.

There is plenty of liquidity already on Crypto-Bridge.org and it’s up to an independent businessperson to go out and buy some SmartCash there.

The exchange is a fiat-smart pair. It eliminates the stress of additional fees and you are well aware of crypto-bridge’s fees. Why would merchants and users accept SmartCash when it less convenient for them; that they would need to purchase bitcoins with fiat and then convert bitcoins to SmartCash. Logically, it is better to just continue using fiat as it is more. SmartCash is currency (means of exchange). The idea is ti have that means of exchange be used for the efficient transfer of resources. If merchants have to go through unnecessary steps, it is ineffecient and does not fulfil its purpose; especially when this can be eliminated. Even eliminating these crypto-crypto-fiat steps, does not make it more convenient than fiat; it should be used to trade/transfer/exchange valuable resources and services directly. This is literally what fiat does. One advantage of a digital currency is speed and efficiency of transfer, especially across borders as it is not physical,so for SmartCash to have any advantage over fiat these steps must be eliminated completely.

If it’s profitable you can do it and get backing independent from SmartCash.

It’s not about doing it for my own profit. I see solutions which cryptocurrencies can bring through decentralization and one of them involves pooling capital to do things benefical to everyone; not just one person, party or centralized entity.

SmartCash Hive does reach out to exchanges and does listing fees for established ones, but creating a new one directly for SmartCash is not part of a project scope…

The project scope should increase so that SmartCash can develop and expand accordingly

…that is allowed because it’s again giving back to users and this should be independent from project funding.

I’d like to know why it is not and if there are any legal implications

SmartCash does not provide funds for kickbacks, rebates, treasuries, DAO, etc. these are all forms of giving back to users, and removes the direct oversight of the SmartHive Project Treasury. So this part the “SmartFund” is inelgibile. Creating a new group to have oversight of the fund is not okay.

The Smarthive can expand and make amendments accordingly for progressive growth and development and for the best interest of SmartCash currency and Community. The management team will be part of the SmartHive team; the criterias and conditions can be discussed if it does not already exist. The SmartFund can be an extension of the SmartCash Community Fund with multisig fonctionality. (Nothing is written in stone and can be improved where needed).

The third thing you are talking about, working with a specific group of people to try and get more adoption is fine overall.

Thanks, I thought so too, it’s Kofi’s (@momako) idea. Worked tirelessly with him to develop it further.

Some people don’t like using inclusive groups and will argue against that approach.

Expected, hopefully people can see the bigger picture through constructive dialogue and reasoning.

What matters is that you can show it would be effective, how effective it would be, how many people you can reach with this approach, and that the costs are reasonable to do so.

Positive feedbacks, criticisms and recommendations are well appreciated. As far as cost go, even for the complexity of the entire proposal it is reasonable. Some members had suggested adding an incentive to the proposal understanding that this will take great effort, time and energy. We left this out because we had already forseen an alternative solution which was to request expansion of the hive team so incentives would come from funds allocated for that purpose and to resolve the previous third party barrier which you sighted. This would be up until the proposal is completed. Part of the fees charged to the SmartFunded businesses would be used to act as incentive thereafter.

Focus on merchant adoption, or merchants accepting SmartCash, is a reasonable goal and the more you emphasize that and how you plan to organize it the better your proposal will be.

SmartCash can do more than just merchant adoption. People are currently looking for more. Furthermore there are other cryptocurrencies which does this and more. What more can we offer to remain competitive in the near future are critical questions which should be asked and not be taken for granted or brushed aside.

Furthermore, even though adoption requires a healthy set of infrastructure does not mean those all need to be in one project proposal or that they are things that will be funded.

Yes, agreed, but the project is well planned for proper execution. Adequate time is given for each section/phase of the project. Furthermore; funds are released per milestone and i’m sure there are other additional requirements which we will well able to provide.

Some things, like exchanges, need to be independent and access to SmartCash can be through independent project proposals, mining, nodes, tips, or purchasing on an exchange like Crypto-Bridge.

Well not exactly, unless if exchange starts acting maliciously and this would be bad for the reputation of SmartCash but your point is well taken; it may well be better.

Keeping a clear focus on your project and what you are asking for specifically is important for it to pass voting and the review process.

Advise well appreciated and acknowledged.

We remove posts and kick users in Discord for these types of attacks because it just stops any type of dialog and frustrates other users.

Point taken, but understand that most questions which you are asking is already answered for this reason, you are referred back to proposal (this should be quite clear). This too is also frustrating.

There is not much more to add and we are not going to make additional things up just to answer or look good. We are being transparent and we intent on keeping it that way. If you ask questions not already answered, or you need clarification on a part of the project, we will answer accordingly.

SmartCash is not a charity… You can try to put a spin on the proposal or whatever, but I can see that this is geared to be a charity/funding source/etc.
Why not try here…

Thanks slpin but this isn’t a charity.

Or if you want to do give aways, why not use your own money?

Thanks,

Thanks you too. Now let me explain this clearly.

SmartCash is merely used as a means of exchange until its utility has increased significanctly. Actually, the value of the funds derives from fiat and not the digital currency itself which initially acts as an intermediary. So, we can go pitching to people asking them to fund businesses without having to use SmartCash (momako’s initial proposal), and this can be seen as a charity, but the moment SmartCash is used, it either represents sort of contract (in theory) to investors. The value (fiat) of investors funds are transferred to the businesses. The value of SmartCash itself is then created through utility, i.e, when Investors use their funds to purchase from goods/services from the businesses which in effect returns the value back to them. This a superior model to a mere campaign for merchant adoption. After merchants have adopted SmartCash, users are needed to purchase goods/services and if there are not enough SmartCash users, this does not signicantly create utility. This model creates both SmartCash merchants/businesses and SmartCash users which is an immediate ecosystem for utility.

So slpin, I am not spining anything around and hope this clarifies the charity debacle.

The idea and motivation behind this model was to create more sustainable growth in value of the SmartCash currency, but hey…that’s that. I saw SmartCash as a currency that you can invest in; and as a community contribute ideas to its growth and developpment.

Sorry I haven’t gotten answered all of your questions. I’ll get back to you soonest. Id even be happy to explain this via voice call for convenience and time. You can DM me for a fast explanation. I will still answer here in detail for everyone’s perusal.

Hi @Momako! I think you have done a lot for smartcash in Ghana through other people project and that has shown how positive minded you are towards smartcash growth in Ghana. I had like to see you run your own project that will add value to smartcash. There is strictly guideline as @blockchain library have outlined in his comment.
Asking for 5000000smart for liquidity looks quite insane. That is quite huge dollars >500000$ giving to people for free to do their own business without any returns to smartcash is not healthy. Kindly have a second look at your project and people will be glad to support it. Address the concern raised by the community rather than hash and direct attack to characters. I wish you goodluck. @Cryptonfused @Momako kindly address issues and stop attacks

Thanks for your comment. I’ll appologise on momako’s behalf but that was literally a one time thing due to constantly having to answer repeatedly questions already answered in the proposal which can be quite frustrating. We put one month of our time, effort and energy into this proposal. The least members can do, especially core members, while not appreciative of our efforts, is take their time to read and ask well thought out questions thereafter. We will be happy to explain any misconception. The proposal is a little complexe but well broken down and explained and there is an adequate timeline for it to be properly planned, revised and executed successful. Furthermore momako and I are very competent individuals and we have nothing but good intention and vision for the SmartCash currency and the community. Ps: I do not reside in Ghana, I have however fully involved myself with momako to improve it in a way which returns more benefits to SmartCash and the community.

That is quite huge dollars >500000$ giving to people for free to do their own business without any returns to smartcash is not healthy.

40k cedis (not usd) is given per businesses. To say it is given to people for free without any returns to SmartCash isn’t quite accurate. Please see my response to slipin. If there are other ways for SmartCash to benefit we are happy to hear about it and can make amendments accordingly. This is what it means to be a decentralized community or any progressive community for that matter. Ideas are shared, improved on, refined and then executed.

Asking for 5000000smart for liquidity looks quite insane.

0,5 million SMART and 0,5 million cedis, is needed for liquidity, which is 20% of the total 5 million SMART. The proposal intends to create 100 businesses.

Kindly have a second look at your project and people will be glad to support it.

We are quite ready to improve the proposal with reasonable recommendations.

Address the concern raised by the community rather than hash and direct attack to characters. I wish you goodluck. @Cryptonfused @Momako kindly address issues and stop attacks

The concerns are being addressed. See responses. Again appologies on momako’s part, sometimes it can get quite frustrating to repeated the same answer and to be asked the same question several times already answered in the proposal.

@Cryptonfused thank you for apologizing on my behalf, @Solarminer @dagogu maybe i was misunderstood, my comment were not meant to cause any mischief, if it was taken so i apologize for that. As @Cryptonfused has already mentioned this is a project we intend to undertake to benefit the entire community and we posted it here for corrections and suggestions by members, this is a decentralized economy and your views are very much important for the success of the economy. @BlockchainRelations your comments and suggestions are appreciated, lets look at ways we can work together for the general good of the entire community. cheers